Iced tea, especially iced sweet tea, walks hand in hand with southern summers. This recipe is inspired by the refreshing iced tea of my childhood. Just classic black tea with a little honey and lemon. When made in our Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker it's perfect for enjoying by the pool, at the beach, picnicking, or just lounging around. We love this recipe with Bayou City Breakfast as the black tea base, but feel free to play around with other black teas. Happy summer sippin'!
IngredientsNote: If you are making a single 16 oz glass, refer to the ingredients in the parenthesis
- 8 tbsp OR 32 g Bayou City Breakfast (2 tbsp OR 8 g Bayou City Breakfast)
- 2 oz Lemon Juice (1/2 oz Lemon Juice)
- 4 tbsp Honey (1 tbsp Honey)
- 32 oz Water heated to 205 F (3rd dot for Simple Brew or 8 oz for alt. brewing device)
You'll also need
- 2L Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker (Simple Brew Teapot or alternate brewing device) - Shop 2L Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker or Simple Brew Teapot
- About 4 cups ice (fill your 16 oz cup with ice)
- Timer set to 5 minutes (same for a single glass of tea)
2L Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker Instructions
- Unscrew the lid of the Iced Tea Maker and remove the infuser. Pour the honey into the body of the Iced Tea Maker and set aside. Unscrew the infuser from the lid and pour the Bayou City Breakfast into the infuser. Screw the infuser back onto the lid.
- Pour the hot water into the Iced Tea Maker (this should reach about the halfway point of the Iced Tea Maker).
- Screw the lid with the infuser back onto the Iced Tea Maker body so the Bayou City Breakfast can steep in the hot water. Start your timer.
- Once the timer is done, unscrew the lid, remove the infuser from the lid, and place the infuser to the side.
- Add lemon juice to your tea in the Iced Tea Maker.
- Fill the Iced Tea Maker with ice until the tea and ice combo reaches almost the top of the Iced Tea Maker.
- Tightly screw the lid back onto the Iced Tea Maker and give it a few shakes to combine the honey, lemon juice, and tea, as well as flash chill your brew.
- You are ready to serve!
- Note: You don't have to unscrew the lid completely to pour from the spout
Simple Brew Teapot or Alternate Brewing Device Instructions
Note: these instructions are for a single serving. Use the ingredients in the parenthesis!
- In your brewing device, add the Bayou City Breakfast and Honey.
- Pour the hot water to the third dot of the Simple Brew or pour 8 oz of hot water into your alternate brewing device and start the timer.
- Once the timer is done, pour the tea concentrate over the ice (for those using an alt. brewing device be sure to remove the tea leaves).
- Add the lemon juice, give it a stir and enjoy your classic iced tea!