When you're craving a refreshing, sweet treat, there is nothing quite like an ice cream float. This Hibiscus Ginger Fizzy Float adds a fun, fruity spin to this classic ice cream treat. Grab your spoon and a straw, this float is too delicious to not eat every drop!
This recipe will make 2, 16 oz floats. To make a single serving, use the ingredients in the parenthesis.
- 4 g or 1 tbsp Hibiscus (2 g or 1/2 tbsp) - Shop Hibiscus Now
- 8 g or 2 tbsp Ginger Root (4 g or 1 Tbsp) - Shop Ginger Root Now
- 2 tbsp (1tbsp) Sugar
- 8 oz (4 oz) refrigerated Topo Chico Sparkling Water
- 4 scoops (2 Scoops) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
You'll also need
- Simple Brew OR Alternative Brewing Device - Shop Simple Brew Now
- 3 oz (1.5 oz) Water at 205°F
- Timer set to 10 minutes
- 2, 16 oz Glasses
- To make the syrup, measure out the Hibiscus, Ginger Root, and Sugar and add them to your brewing device. Pour in the hot water, and start your timer. Note: If you are using a Simple Brew Teapot, add water to the first dot.
- Once 10 minutes is up, pour the syrup, evenly divided, into the 2 glasses.
- Pour the refrigerated Topo Chico Sparkling water on top of the syrup (refrigerated Topo will help cool the syrup!).
- Scoop the ice cream into each glass, and add the whipped cream (to taste!) on top of the ice cream.
- Finally, garnish with blueberries and dig in!