Being located in Houston, Texas, means summer is approaching at an extremely fast rate. We are always looking for new ways to beat the heat a la tea! One of our favorite summer staples? Snow cones. But we aren't so big on the artificial syrups used for these icy treats.
Our Hibiscus Lemonade gives you a berry tartness with a splash of sweet lemon myrtle that you won't find in many pre-made syrups. Oh, and did we mention our Hibiscus Lemonade tisane is organic? This snow cone recipe contains less than a handful of ingredients, so it's incredibly easy to create. Say "no" to artificial snow cone syrups and say "yes!" to this all-natural snow cone to refresh your day!
This recipe can make up to 4 snow cones.
- 3 tbsp (16 g) Hibiscus Lemonade tisane - Shop Hibiscus Lemonade Now
- 8 oz water at 205°F+
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups of ice
You'll also need
- Small pot OR small saucepan
- Jar with lid
- Simple Brew or alternative brewing device
- Timer set to 5 minutes
- Pour the Hibiscus Lemonade tisane into your simple brew (or alternate brewing device), add 8 oz of water at 205°F, and start your timer.
- Once the timer is done, pour the concentrate into your small pot and add the sugar. If you are using an alternate brewing device, be sure to strain out the leaves as you pour your concentrate into the pot.
- Set your stove top to medium-low heat, and stir the syrup with the spatula until no more sugar granules can be seen.
- Carefully pour the syrup into the jar, tighten the lid, and place into your refrigerator to chill for about 1-2 hours (you don't want hot syrup melting all of your snow cone ice!).
- Once the syrup is chilled, add the ice into your blender and blend until the ice is a fluffy consistency.
- Scoop the ice into your cup or paper cone, drizzle your Hibiscus Lemonade syrup on top and get to slurping!