Need a serious caffeine boost but not in love with the robust grassy flavor of Matcha? We recommend making it into a latte! Choose any plant-based milk you love and add a bit of honey...and you won't be able to just stop at one of these. We've tried to make this recipe approachable for beginners - any cheap milk frothing wand will do. The perfect afternoon pick-me-up!
- 0.5 tablespoons Matcha powder - Shop Matcha
- 6 ounces water @185F
- 1 tablespoon honey, or honey to taste
- 6 ounces soy milk or other plant-based milk
You will also need:
- Simple Brew Teapot - Shop Simple Brew Teapots - or a large mug/Pyrex measuring cup
- Milk Frothing Wand (anyone will do! We recommend this one from Ikea)
- Measure out the matcha and add to the simple brew teapot. Add in the honey.
- Pour the 6 ounces of hot water into the teapot and froth with the frothing wand.
- Pour the tea concentrate into the 16 ounce cup.
- Rinse the tea out of the body of your simple brew teapot and pour in the milk.
- Heat milk in the microwave for 30 seconds or until hot. Use the milk frothing wand to froth your milk to your desired consistency.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mug over the tea concentrate and enjoy!