Ready to chai out the perfect Chai Latte? This recipe is our go-to at the brew bar and is absolutely delicious. Seriously, we love it a latte!
For an iced latte, pour the tea concentrate over ice and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk--no need to heat and froth! We recommend using a plant-based milk to let the spices shine through, but if you prefer dairy milk and still want a good punch of spice, you can use a little extra loose leaf tea when brewing since the milk protein, casein, will cut the spice more.
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) Masala Chai tea - Shop Masala Chai
- 1 tablespoon (4 grams) Chai Spice tisane - Shop Chai Spice
- 6 ounces boiling water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces soy milk or other plant-based milk
- ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
You will also need:
- Simple Brew Teapot - Shop Simple Brew Teapots
- Milk Frother (anyone will do! We recommend this one from Ikea)
- Measure out the Masala Chai and Chai Spice and add to the simple brew teapot. Add in the honey.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot and allow the tea leaves to steep for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is up, pour the tea concentrate into a large mug.
- Rinse the tea leaves out of the body of your simple brew teapot and pour in the milk.
- Heat milk the microwave for 30 seconds or until hot. Use the milk frother to froth your milk to your desired consistency.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mug over the tea concentrate, garnish with ground cinnamon, and enjoy!