Ready to chai out the perfect Chai Latte? This recipe is our go-to at the brew bar and is absolutely delicious. Seriously, we love it a latte!
For an iced latte, pour the tea concentrate over ice and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk--no need to heat and froth! We recommend using a plant-based milk to let the spices shine through, but if you prefer dairy milk and still want a good punch of spice, you can use a little extra loose leaf tea when brewing since the milk protein, casein, will cut the spice more.
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) Masala Chai tea - Shop Masala Chai
- 1 tablespoon (4 grams) Chai Spice tisane - Shop Chai Spice
- 6 ounces boiling water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces soy milk or other plant-based milk
- ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
You will also need:
- Simple Brew Teapot - Shop Simple Brew Teapots - or Infuser - Shop Folding Handle Infuser
- Milk Frother - Any one will do! We recommend this one from Ikea. If you are ready to step up your tea game, skip the microwave step below and go with this Breville Milk Frother.
- Measure out the Masala Chai and Chai Spice and add to the simple brew teapot. Add in the honey.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot and allow the tea leaves to steep for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is up, pour the tea concentrate into a large mug.
- Rinse the tea leaves out of the body of your simple brew teapot and pour in the milk.
- Heat milk the microwave for 30 seconds or until hot. Use the milk frother to froth your milk to your desired consistency.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mug over the tea concentrate, garnish with ground cinnamon, and enjoy!